DECLUTTER YOUR SPACE
On Day 17 of The Blossom Challenge we tackled our digital space for more clarity and focus. Today we will be decluttering our physical space. One of the biggest de motivators for me is when I wake up and my whole house is a mess. I can clean everyday but some how it’s still a mess. The thing is, clean doesn’t mean clear! Most of us have stuff (or junk) we don’t use and it just starts piling up, invading not just our physical space but our mental space as well.
WHY DECLUTTER YOUR SPACE?
While a digital space can already cause our minds to get anxious, this is even more so for your physical space! At least we can turn our phones off (or at least try to!). But for our physical space in which we live each day it isn’t so easy. You know what they say: A clear home is a clear mind! And personally I think this couldn’t be more accurate. A clear space creates more space in your mind for you to focus on your goals and helps you to be more productive.
DECLUTTER YOUR SPACE
It’s important to keep your house clear and clean. And this doesn’t mean that you have to have a “rich organizing TikTok mom” house where everything is in overpriced containers or carefully labeled. This just means that you personally feel good and calm in your space. To me this means removing clutter to their designated cabinets or actually getting rid of stuff I don’t use anymore.
HOW TO DECLUTTER YOUR SPACE
So decluttering your space doesn’t have to be this big project. Take a weekend to do a deep clean and after that just take some time each day to keep up. Whether it’s your whole house or maybe your own room, remind yourself that you deserve to live in a clean and clear space. It’s an act of self love to not just take care of yourself but also the space you live in.
Here are some things that you can do to declutter your space:
- Organize Your Clothes And Get Rid Of What You Don’t Wear
- Organize Your Desk: Trash all old documents / drawing / school assignments that you don’t need or want anymore.
- Create A System: Everything needs to have a place where it belongs. So make sure you put your stuff back where it belongs too.
- Reorganize: Change things in the layout of your room / space to make sure it’s efficient and calming to you.
- The Three Pile Method: Separate your things into three piles (Donate, Trash and Keep).
- Have A Storage System: Maybe some boxes under your bed or in your closet. Make sure to have a designated place to organize your stuff.
- Remove Clutter: Clear out all the loose things on top of desks, tables, nightstands etc. Try to leave fewer things out as to not clutter your space.
- Keep Your Personality: Make sure to keep all things of value and display them to keep you inspired, happy and motivated! Add visionboard, create a cute place for your journals or skin care. Your space should still make you feel happy and cozy.
- Do A Big Cleaning: Once you have organized your home do a deep clean! Vacuum, dust, clean places that you haven’t been in a while and enjoy a fresh clean and clear home. <3
Decluttering your space is a vital step towards achieving your biggest goals and desires. It makes it a lot easier to focus on what truly matters and keeps your mind calmer too. See this as a step towards your 2024 glow up success and try to really enjoy the process! 🌸🌟 #Blossom2024 #GlowUpChallenge #DreamBig #BlossomwBlossly